Putting some oomph behind your resolutions

Ah, New Year’s resolutions: those fleeting good ideas that are usually forgotten by Valentine’s Day. Whether it’s the big crowd at the gym or the parking lot at work that fills a little earlier than it used to, the short-term effects often disappear after a couple of weeks.

It doesn’t have to be that way! If you’re making resolutions for work, we can help. Just share your resolution in the comments below. Putting your resolution out there in public can give you added incentive to follow through. More than that, though, we’ll follow up in a few months and see how it’s going. (No, we won’t do anything else with your info, I promise.)

I’m also calling out my BuyerZone coworkers to chime in here with their own resolutions. What are you guys going to do to help buyers and sellers connect in 2012? Speak up.

Mine, as content editor for the site, is to do a better job keeping our content up to date. It’s always more interesting to work on new content — but we also need to make sure our older stuff gets refreshed. More updates in 2012!

Get future posts delivered to your inbox or RSS reader by subscribing now, and follow us on Twitter @BuyerZone.

8 Responses to Putting some oomph behind your resolutions

1. Liz Slattery December 29, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Good post idea Jeremy! It’s easy to focus on the personal resolutions and forget to come up with a few for the office. As a marketing manager, one of my top resolutions in 2012 is to keep our marketing database clean. We recently went through the arduous process of deleting thousands of old and duplicate contacts. In 2012, I’d like to come up with a strategy to prevent these types of contacts from piling up.

2. Sylvia Rosen December 29, 2011 at 11:09 am #

Great post, Jeremy!

My work resolution is to come up with article ideas that will go VIRAL. That means I’ll have to do more research and brainstorming before I start typing away!

-Sylvia

3. Henry Eisemann December 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Agreed. Making resolutions is easy, but following them is hard. Perhaps its because the goals set are mostly unattainable — going to the gym 5x a week….

This year I’m setting an easy one that I think should have a large impact. Working mostly in the PPC search space, I’m constantly testing. I’d like to me much more methodical in how I optimize and choose which tests to launch. Hopefully this will help my organization and give me a clearer idea of which optimizations to further peruse.

4. Chad G. December 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Happy New Year! My work at BZ centers around online marketing so a resolution of mine would be to create a satisfying journey for buyers that we “meet” in various channels such as search engines and social properties. In a nutshell – quality user experience from beginning to end!

5. Michelle C. December 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

As the HR Manager for such a great team, my resolution is to be a highly effective and professional HR partner, who is recognized for adding value to the business and its employees, and for continuously improving my own performance.

6. Chris January 2, 2012 at 8:23 am #

Sell, sell, sell….more

7. Samantha McCormick January 2, 2012 at 8:52 am #

This year, I plan to bring more consumer marketing ideas to the table that our B2B buyers would love. Contests, videos, and infographics are just a few ideas I’d like to test out.

8. Damon Piluso January 24, 2014 at 9:53 am #