Real-world Payroll Services Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for payroll services.
In this article we're comparing prices for businesses from 10 to 150 employees. Also see payroll service pricing for 1 to 9 employee businesses.
Based on the information we received, here are some points to consider about pricing:
- Check processing, online access, tax filing, and direct deposit are usually included in the base monthly fees, but growing business may want more. Additional services such as 401k planning and Section 125/Cafeteria Plans may cost extra, but can be popular with employees. Check with your vendor to understand exactly what your fee includes.
- Prices can range from $50 to $250 per month depending on the frequency of payroll and the number of employees. Per-check fees, if applicable, range from $0.75 to $2 or more. A set monthly fee and low per-check charge is best bet for growing businesses.
Some payroll providers offer a free trial period to test their services before you agree to work with them. Others will provide a low introductory rate for the first few months before charging you the standard fees. We recommend you take advantage of these offers to make sure the provider can meet your company's needs.
Prices for 10 or more employees
- "$46 per pay period, all inclusive, online services, unlimited direct deposits per employee." [10 employees] - Computers-Software, Roanoke, Virginia
- "$62 per payroll. Checks/direct deposit/earnings statements; payroll journal, cash requirements, new hire report, time sheets, quarterly and annual returns, state unemployment insurance service, W-2/W-3, 940s, and 1099s." [12 employees] - Nonprofit, Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
- "$2 per check, $3 per W-2, $10 delivery. All services as quoted by the other companies." [19 employees]- Insurance, Atlanta, Georgia
- "$20 base price for service plus $1.50 per employee. There are other fees for reporting new hires. Includes tax filings and there is a $6.50 delivery charge for checks." [20 employees]- Restaurant, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "I went with a local firm that provides payroll processing, tax deposit preparation, quarterly pay periods, year end report filing, and W-2s at no additional charge. I am paying $20/payroll plus $1.05/check." [25 employees]- Computers/Internet, Austin, Texas
- "$250 a month for 30 checks weekly with direct deposit. No set up fee for new hires and free access to website."- Media/Entertainment/Publishing, Grand Island, Nebraska
- "Monthly service estimated to be $275 which includes semi-monthly payroll service plus flexible spending plan administration." [30 employees]- Law firm, Chicago, Illinois
- "$120 per payroll." [40 employees]- Non-Profit, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- "Approximately $106.00 per payroll (x24) this is for processing my payrolls for the year." [65 employees]- Financial services, Madisonville, Tennessee
- "125 employees, $175 per payroll, all inclusive. Vendor also wrapped in a time keeping service." Other Business Services, Shirley, New York
- "$177.25 per processing which is semi monthly." [135 employees]- Country club, Federal Way, Washington
Read our Payroll Service Buyer's Guide, or instantly compare payroll service providers today.
Information was provided by BuyerZone.com users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Payroll Services Price Quotes?