Pricing for Large Storage Containers (40' Long)
- New 40' storage container prices
- Used 40' storage container prices
- 40' storage container rental prices
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've provided a sampling of responses from businesses that paid for large storage containers (40' long). You can also read responses from companies who purchased small storage containers or special-order storage containers.
Most large storage containers measure 40' long and provide 3,340 cubic feet of storage space. Since it can be difficult to reach items stored in the back of a 40 footer, you may need to add extra doors on the back or side of the container to easily access your materials.
Typically, you have three options when shopping for 40' storage containers. You can buy new storage or shipping containers if you can afford the up-front expense and need units that last several years. To save money, you can find refurbished containers for 20% to 30% less that include many of the same benefits as new units. If you'd prefer to pay as you go, you can rent containers and have them delivered to your site and picked up when you're done with them.
With all purchasing options, you need to consider other expenses which can add to your costs like shipping, installation, and pickup, or add-on features such as air vents or extra side doors.
Storage container pricing
New 40' storage container prices
- "$3,250 plus shipping 170 miles for $350 for a standard 40' steel storage container." - Agriculturist, Silver City, New Mexico
- "I paid $2,150 for a 8' x 40' container with delivery." - General manager, Catskill, New York
- "$2,962.59 for 8' x 40' with extra doors and air vents." - Government inspector, Sacramento, California
- "Two 8' x 40' standard containers including delivery; 1 for $2,200 and the other for $1,950." - Electrician, Greenville, Mississippi
- "$4,200 for a 40 ft container delivered from Denver, Colorado [365 miles] with one side door and air vents." - Hospitality owner, Lander, Wyoming
- "I bought a 40 foot A-grade container for $2,500 and had it delivered for $125." - Manufacturer, Kalona, Iowa
- "$2,025 for a 40' shipping container including delivery." - Non-profit manager, Madison, Georgia
- "$4,120 for two 40 footers plus tax." - Concrete distributor, Hemet, California
Used 40' storage container prices
- "$2,327.25 for a 40' used container, painted. Included delivery." - Steel construction owner, Woodbine, New Jersey
- "Used 40' steel container for $3,500." - General contractor, Eagle, Idaho
- "Our church ended up purchasing two used 40 ft. containers that had been customized with four "garage doors" down the side for $3,200.00 for both including delivery." - Non-profit business, Schertz, Texas
- "$1,750 - 40 ft steel storage container - older 1991 - but in very good shape - no holes, a little surface rust, no damage to body or roof." - Health care CEO, Mosier, Oregon
- "$3,700 - used 40' sea crate, painted and delivered." - Programmer, Tullahoma, Tennessee
- "40' standard container - not refurbished but in good condition - 10 to 12 years old. $2,650 plus $150 delivery from Commerce City to Greeley, Colorado [60 miles]." - Educator, Greeley, Colorado
- "I purchased a used 40' x 9.5' x 8.5' storage container for $3,200 delivered." - Travel purchasing manager, East Glacier Park, Montana
40' storage container rental prices
- "Rented three containers, each 8' x 40', for $100 per month plus $200 delivery and pick up fees and $20 each for locks." - Engineer, Tucker, Georgia
- "Rent $140/month for a 40' storage connex - delivery fee = $300 - pick-up fee = $300. No insurance included." - Purchasing manager, Hildale, Utah
- "8' x 40' storage box with doors at both ends for $107 a month. 12-month rental contract." - Business owner, Pensacola, Florida
- "We are renting a new 40' container for $130/month and $285 dropoff and $285 pick up charges." - Business service provider, Hermiston, Oregon
- "I rented 40' containers for $130 each and an office trailer for $250. It was the delivery option that sold me on the service ($100 each delivered)." - Construction business owner, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- "An 8' x 40' unit cost me $150 for round trip delivery and pickup. Rental fees: $100 per month plus tax. No tax or fuel charge on the delivery or pick up, though. Received delivery within 48 hours.." - Business service provider, Interlachen, Florida
Want more information on choosing a storage container? Read our Storage Containers Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Storage Containers Price Quotes?