Real-world Business Phone Service Pricing from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for business phone services.
Almost all businesses choose plans that offer unlimited local calls. A tougher question is whether or not to go with a plan that offers unlimited long distance calling. In some cases, it's a no-brainer: some businesses simply don't make many outgoing calls; others have a consistent high volume of calls across the country. If your calling patterns fall somewhere in the middle, consider your average monthly long distance bill and compare that to the cost of upgrading to an unlimited plan.
Getting an idea of what others paid for service will help you figure out what you can expect to pay. Once you are comfortable with a budget, we've also outlined tips for finding the best phone service rates.
When choosing phone service for your business, you can expect to get basic features like call waiting, caller ID, and call forwarding as part of the package. Many providers will bundle in voice mail as well, but some may charge a small additional monthly fee for the service.
Unlimited long distance
- "Virtual T1, 4 lines of unlimited local and long distance, $304/mo." - Law firm, Raleigh, North Carolina
- "Approx. $80 per month for two business lines both with unlimited local and long distance calling, plus all the other perks like call forwarding, 3-way calling, voice mail, etc., all included in the package. This was great for me, because I am a new company and have to cut corners every way I can with regards to my upstart budget." - Health care provider, Wayne, Pennsylvania
- "Approximately $50 per month for business phone service that includes call forwarding, etc." - Health care services, Lincoln, California
- "10 phone lines, unlimited local and long distance calling, enhanced DSL for $330/month." - BY_Nonprofit, San Francisco, California
- "$77 per month. Two business phone lines, one with unlimited local and long distance, voice mail, call waiting, conference calling, call forwarding; the other for fax. Also with DSL (high speed Internet access). Additional service includes continued personalized attention from the specialized SBC representative who ensures upgrades to phone service at significantly reduced rates." - Consultants, Redding, California
- $185 per month for 5 lines, caller ID, automatic call back, call forwarding. Toll-free service, unlimited long distance, and local calling. Also discounts on cable TV & cell service." - Personal services provider, Vallejo, California
- "Just the service for about $170/mo, 2 phone lines, DSL, and Fax." - Law firm, Orange, California
Metered long distance
- "$97.05/mo for 2 phone lines with hunting and DSL [Internet access]." - Contractor, Houston, Texas
- "$32.95 phone line, $7.95 voice mail. Caller ID, call forwarding, call block, call waiting." - Retailer, Brunswick, Georgia
- "$36 for basic service, $12.95 for voice mail and 4.9 cents per minute for long distance. Plus all the extras of caller ID, call waiting, etc included in the package." - Business services provider, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- "Prices were close for several suppliers. One business phone line with voice mail services costs $43/month (including taxes) on a 12-month contract. - Business services provider, Atlanta, Georgia
- "The price paid $24.95 monthly with caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, etc." - Health and beauty services, Charlotte, North Carolina
- "$42/month - unlimited local and metered long distance, voice mail, caller ID." - Media services, Indianapolis, Indiana
- "$24.95 for Complete Rewards business line. With taxes, fees, etc: $36.60." - Health care provider, Charlotte, North Carolina
Want more information on choosing a business phone service? Read our Business Phone Service Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Business Phone Service Price Quotes?