New & used utility vehicle pricing
BuyerZone regularly surveys its users to learn about their buying experience. We've compiled select responses to detail how much businesses and individuals paid for new and used utility vehicles.
Pricing for new utility vehicles starts around $6,000 for basic models and can top $15,000 for the most powerful and full-featured vehicles. Extras like powered dump beds, 4 wheel drive, windshields, winches, blades, or plows can push your total costs towards the high end of that range.
You can save quite a bit by choosing a used utility vehicle, but of course there's a tradeoff: new utility vehicles come with a manufacturer's warranty that provides comprehensive coverage on critical parts during the first year, and longer-term protection on other parts.
If you choose to buy used, make sure you get a refurbished utility vehicle from a reputable dealer, not an "as-is" model from a classified ad. The investment is too significant to risk on a vehicle that hasn't been thoroughly inspected and repaired.
New utility vehicle prices
- "Cub Cadet, we paid $8,200. It is 4x4 with a roll cage, dump bed. 12 volt accessory outlet, 20 horsepower Kohler engine, 2 year parts and labor." -- Nonprofit conference center, Windsor, California
- "Bobcat 2200 with metal roofcap, $11,385." -- Agriculture business, Whitetop, Virginia
- "Polaris Ranger - $8,900." -- Residential purchase, North Augusta, South Carolina
- "$14,450, lift kit, tire & wheel kit, camo, diesel, 2500lb Warn winch, free service. Discount on supplies for buying." -- Havre, Montana
- "John Deere Gator TX $6,100." -- Film production company, Salt Lake City, Utah "Kawasaki Mule $6000." -- Cleaning company, Williamsburg, Kentucky
- "Price $6,000 with features, accessories, and local dealer for a low cost utility vehicle that will be used 3 months per year at the most. Went with EZ-Go." -- Farm, Port Orange, Florida
- "Kawasaki Mule610 with Warn RT25 winch and 60" Moose Plow - $7,200." -- Hunting user, Kaukauna, Wisconsin
- "Kubota Worksite RTV. Plastic roof, glass windshield, under-hood utility box, bedliner.
Basic Worksite - $11,200; with accessories - $12,500." -- Farm, Wrightstown, New Jersey
- "650 4x4, 4 speed manual transmission, all gauges, 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes, hydraulic 660 lb. dump bed, fiberglass top, 2500 lb. winch, 2200 lb. capacity. $6,000." -- Residential user, Palo Cedro, California
Used utility vehicle prices
- "$3,300. 2003 John Deere 4x2 gator with stone/snow blade, rear receiver, electric dump great deal." -- Nursery, Hamlin, New York
- "Went with a $5,300 EZ-Go w/ a dump bed." -- Farm, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- "John Deere AMT622 -- $3,500." -- Academic institution, Pomfret, Connecticut
- "We paid $3,995 plus tax and shipping." -- Academic institution, Los Gatos, California
- "$5,000 for a used John Deere Gator ... couldn't afford a new one." -- Nonprofit, Little Rock, Arkansas
- "Brister's CW265 Trail Wagon -- $3,850, Power Plus 3 year service plan" -- Residential user, Poultney, Vermont
Want more information on choosing an utility vehicle? Read our Utility Vehicle Buyer's Guide
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.