Sell these products/services? We can help »
- Keys to understanding access control in education
- As access control systems evolve, decision-makers across a number of industries are implementing the technology for a variety of reasons.
February 15, 2013
- Keeping security in the budget
- In today's economy, migrating away from the comfortable can be a challenge for many decision-makers.
February 14, 2013
- Achieving ROI by converging physical, digital identities
- In the past, companies could invest substantial sums of money in video surveillance systems and other technologies with the mentality that doing so will ensure valuable assets and property are secure at all times. In today's unstable economy, taking this same approach can be costly.
February 12, 2013
- Consumers sticking with analog surveillance for now
- The video surveillance industry is experiencing some significant changes, especially as new mobile, cloud and IP technologies emerge andspurnext-generation demands by users.
February 7, 2013
- Video surveillance deployment considerations
- While video surveillance systems have always been a critical part of any successful physical security program, many decision-makers blindly adopt the technology.
February 4, 2013
- Access control attendance technologies provide numerous benefits
- Student attendance has always been a challenge for universities, especially in lecture classes that hold seminars for hundreds of individuals at the same time.
January 29, 2013
- Michigan schools deploy advanced security system
- A 2004 attack on Chippewa Valley School District high schools in Michigan was fortunately thwarted by administrators and raised the demand to implement a more sophisticated physical security regime.
January 28, 2013
- Integrated access control is the future
- Different aspects of physical security have long been siloed from one another, as doing so enabled decision-makers to manage each platform separately.
January 23, 2013
- Physical security needs to keep up with crime
- In most cases, IT decision-makers will judge a solution's importance or effectiveness by its estimated return on investment.
January 23, 2013
- Retailers grow increasingly fond of IP video surveillance systems
- Retailers are often the biggest advocates for using advanced physical security tools, as access control and video surveillance systems give decision-makers a unique ability to cut down on criminal activity.
January 23, 2013
- Security needs to be priority for schools
- The education industry is constantly fighting an uphill battle against malicious individuals intent on causing mayhem and destruction, forcing administrators to implement advanced access control and video surveillance systems in an attempt to minimize these events.
January 22, 2013
- BYOD, NFC access control seem a fitting pair
- People often associate bring your own device (BYOD) with the telecom industry, as most smartphones are used for collaboration purposes.
January 11, 2013
- Frictionless access control gains momentum
- Although access control systems have been evolving for some time, many pundits believe 2013 will be the year when everything changes.
January 10, 2013
- SMBs currently hesitant to adopt IP video surveillance systems
- Ongoing research has suggested that the revenue of IP video surveillance systems is finally poised to outpace that of their analog cousins in 2013.
January 9, 2013
- Dry Christmas trees pose fire risk, NFPA says
- The winter season is widely recognized as being the time of year with the most home fires because of the increased use of stoves, space heaters and other things to keep houses warm.
December 31, 2012