Real-world Color Copier Prices From BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for color copiers.
Generally, pricing is based on copier speed, memory, and the level of functionality. Features such as scanners, duplex printing, and finishing (stapling, hole-punching, etc.) will increase your overall costs.
In most cases, when buying a new color copier, purchasing a service contract or maintenance agreement is a good idea. These agreements cover regular maintenance that will keep your copier running smoothly and extend its operating life.
If you don't want to make the up-front investment in a color copier, leasing allows you to spread your payments out. Note that copier leasing may require charges for monthly minimums or for individual copies.
Be aware that even on color copiers, the pages per minute you're quoted will be measured on black and white copies. Color copying speeds can be a half to a third of black and white speeds, so make sure you get details on color copying performance to compare.
- "The final purchase price of $9,079
was a co-op price for government entities that included: 5,000-sheet
paper capacity, network printing/scanning, automatic duplex printing,
finisher/stapler/folder, 3-hole punch and large capacity tray."
- Government office, Shalimar, Florida
- "$4,100 for printer, scanner, and full set of toner."
-- Furniture retailer, Havana, Florida
- "$10,000 - color copier, fax, networkable."
-- Shipping company, Elkridge, Maryland
- "About $8,000. Included fax module, network scanner, and printer."
Financial services, Sandy Springs, Maryland
- "$10,300 - networkable, no extras."
-- Business services, Billings, Montana
- "$15,000 with nearly half of that
being advertising trade on our TV and radio stations in markets that
powers business sells business equipment/supplies."
- Advertising salesperson, Alexandria, Virginia
- "$9,137 for a refurbished machine."
- Purchasing manager, Houston, Texas
- "$7,000 and $75/month
service contract. This copier includes duplexing, auto-reversing
document feeder, 1,000 sheet finisher, and an extra set of color toner.
Complete set-up including networking and four hours of training"
-- Church, Jacksonville, Florida
- "Hardware and service contract: $11,799."
-- Utility service firm, Lafayette, Louisiana
- "Canon - color - includes finishing stapler and network. Paid $8,000 with toner included in contract and paper also."
- Church administrator, Poplarville, Mississippi
- "Konica Minolta 7920 with Fiery, sorter, and duplexer - $2,400. Less than 70,000 meter read. Service contract - $0.13/color, $.02/B&W. No minimum quantity per month and it covers everything except paper and staples."
- IT professional, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- "The copier we purchased was a Konica Minolta C352
with scanning, stapling, and printing capabilities in both B&W and
color. $203/lease payment per month for five years plus $790 for annual service contract. The service contract includes 60,000 B&W copies, toner, drums, and staples."
- Office manager, Nashville, Indiana
- "Sharp MX-3501N color copier. Network printing and scanning, duplexer, 2 paper trays, stapler finisher. $309 per month lease [60 month]. $.01 B&W - $.06
color 35 PPM both cost per copy. Cost per copy includes all
consumables, preventive maintenance, parts and labor. We supply only
paper and staples"
- Manufacturer, Warren, Ohio
- "$182 for 60 months lease - $0.07 per color copy - $0.007 per b&w copy."
- Educator, Cleveland, Ohio
- "35 CPM color, 45 CPM B&W, 15,000 monthly
copies in maintenance, ecopy computer and software, buyout of existing
copier 15 months left in lease - $1,100 lease for 60 months."
- Advertising CFO, North Miami Beach, Florida
- "36-month lease for $336 monthly
payments. Panasonic DP-C264 digital color imaging system with network
printer, network scanner, network fax/scan to email/scan to file. 26 PPM
B&W & 26 PPM color. Advance security, high-speed fax w/
Internet fax, booklet folding and stapling unit, paper transport unit,
hard drive unit, 256-page memory, 256 main memory, surge protector,
extra toner deluxe copier console stand, and free training."
- Non-profit CEO, Belle Glade, Florida
- "Color copier was leased for $200 a
month. Features included duplex copying, frame erase, sorting, and
interrupt feature bypass tray large capacity trays. Service and toner
supplies included in cost."
- Office manager, Brooklyn, New York
Want more information on color copier prices and how to choose a vendor? Read our Color Copiers Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Color Copiers Price Quotes?