Call Answering Service Questions Answered
When you're ready to hire a call answering service to handle your incoming calls, it may seem like an obvious business decision. A business that needs to field calls 24 hours a day with more than voice can handle, choosing the right call center company can be a challenge.
Avoid treating your call center service as a commodity. The service you choose will be responsible for interacting directly with your customers, and can make a significant impact on people's perception of your company, positive or negative. Keep in mind that you are not only looking for a low-cost supplier, but a partner who will directly affect the satisfaction of your customers.
1. Does my business need a call answering service?
There are many situations that require a live answering service for business.
- 24 hour operation Businesses that require around-the-clock responses, have long turned to answering services. An answering service will take messages, and contact you in an emergency.
- Call screening for a business with a high volume of incoming calls, an answering service can take messages for you and give general information to callers, forwarding more valuable calls to your staff.
- Significant growth When your business experiences rapid growth, a telephone answering is a good first step toward a fully outsourced call center solution. Choose a provider who will be able to work with you now and for years to come.
2. How do I choose a call answering service?
A variety of live answering service providers are full-fledged call centers,handling a variety of calls, from taking messages to tech support and customer service. Before contacting call center services, determine your requirements and conduct your search to find providers that match your needs.
- Don't overdo it. If you want a service only to take messages that you'll respond to when you're back in the office, consider using voice mail instead.
- Location, Location, Location Be sure you know exactly where your calls will be handled. Ask if your calls will be sent to multiple locations.
- Choose a reputable vendor. Working with a top-notch provider will likely yield better results and save you money. Buyerzone can help you find the best answer service providers in your area.
Knowing your expected call volume will help you to choose the right call answer service. If you have seasonal numbers are key if your traffic sees major spikes at different times of the year. In addition, growth estimates will help prepare for ramping up your operations. These numbers are key in helping you find a provider best suited to your needs. Your calls should make up more than five percent, but less than 50% of the vendor's traffic.
Most call answering services charge per minute or per call. This will depend on the structure of your contract. For a basic call answering service, you can expect to have your calls handled by shared or blended teams. These teams may answer the phone for you one minute, and for a completely different company halfway around the world the next. You will pay between fifty cents to a dollar per minute for this type of service.
Some providers offer monthly minimums, which may drive up your costs if your volume fluctuates. Beware of setup fees and hidden costs. Make sure the provider spells out exactly what additional charges you will need to pay before signing a contract.
When you are ready to find the best answering service for your needs and budget, be budget conscious and find the best service for you, your business, and your budget.Ready to Compare Call Center Services Price Quotes?