Real-world Hosted PBX Pricing from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for hosted PBX services.
As you'll see from the prices below, one of the biggest advantages of hosted PBX services is their lower up-front cost. Instead of dropping thousands of dollars on telephone hardware and installation, small businesses can get top-notch telecommunications features for an affordable monthly fee.
You can get different pricing arrangements for hosted PBX services: notably, you may continue to pay the phone company for the phone line itself and then pay the PBX service provider a fee for their services, or get both services from the hosted provider. Either approach is fine, as long as you understand up front what your total costs will be.
Keep in mind that you'll need high-quality Internet access to use hosted PBX services: cable modems and low-end DSL services may not be enough to support 3 or 4 simultaneous conversations. If you're doing an ROI comparison, be sure to factor in the added monthly bandwidth cost.
- "$50/mo for full-featured virtual PBX host requiring no new hardware purchase. Works w/ existing phone numbers."
-- Contractor, Montclair, New Jersey
- "It was $10 [per month] per phone
number, and that came with a LOT of included benefits and options.
Personalized greeting, voicemail, no double routing charges, music on
hold with over 60 choices of songs, transferring to other lines, 5.6
cents a minute, full customization right from the Internet, 3 main
packages for corporate, small business, or single to 3 person
-- Entertainment services, Zion, Illinois
- "PBNext. Pretty much the same features offered by other vendors. Special pricing through trade association -- $99 setup fee, $49.95 per month, everything unlimited."
--Business services, Richmond, Virginia
- "$29.95/month - ACD [automatic call distribution], 3 extensions."
-- IT Consulting, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Hosted PBX pricing for 4+ users
- "$150/mo. for up to 8 extensions, 2,500 minutes long-distance, 10 DID [direct inbound dialing] lines."
-- Software developer, Duluth, Georgia
- "Approximately $1,800 for the phone system, and $400 per month for the hosting services."
-- Retailer, Hayden, Idaho
- "$59.99 per line, 2-year contract, all equipment included, no set-up fee."
-- Translation services, Rancho Santa Fe, California
- "$179 per IP phone (Polycom 501) x 7 and $25 per month per user (7 x $25) + $25 IVR + $10 per did fax (5 x $10) + $.03 cpm for all outbound ld - local calling free. Set up was $1,000."
-- Entertainment provider, Fishers, Indiana
- "I pay $50/month for 4 extensions, an 800 number, and 2,000 minutes/month."
-- Retailer, Suwanee, Georgia
- "$60 per month per VoIP handset.
One year agreement, full featured hosted PBX with very robust backbone
in NYC. A required dedicated T-1 for the voice traffic non-blended
with my data needs."
-- Equipment Sales, New York, New York
Want more information on hosted PBX systems and how to choose a provider? Read our Hosted PBX Services Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Hosted PBX Phone Systems Price Quotes?