Finding the best point of sale companies
It's hard to imagine operating a restaurant or retail business with an old-fashioned cash register and a written ledger. Oh sure, you could do it, but the time required to carefully log every sale and refund would be better spent growing your business. Instead, the best point of sale companies can work with you to find full-featured point of sale (POS) system to manage inventory, track sales, and make your business more productive.
Start by submitting a free BuyerZone request for quotes or conducting your own research to find at least 4 to 6 different suppliers to talk to. You can also compare services from multiple POS vendors to learn what each company can bring to your business. Then, look for these qualities that are common among the best point of sale companies.
Top 10 attributes of the best point of sale companies
10. Quickly solve minor problems - The best point of sale companies provide troubleshooting tips over the phone, so you can address small problems right away.
9. Reputable business - Look for point of sale dealers that are in good standing with the Better Business Bureau or your local Chamber of Commerce.
8. Remote repair - POS dealers can set up your system so they can dial in and fix minor problems remotely.
7. Installation and testing - Dealers should assess your location, determine how they will install the solution, and test the technology often to ensure everything works properly.
6. Experience - Since the best point of sale companies have worked in the industry for a long time, they can offer you the right solution based on the features you want.
5. Facility tour - If possible, visit the dealers' offices to experience first hand how they work with customers, handle repair requests, and dispatch repair technicians.
4. Free demonstrations - Always try a point of sale system out before you buy - either in-house, at the dealer's location, or through a free software demonstration from the dealer's web site.
3. Quick repair turnaround - The best POS system companies guarantee 24-hour turnaround for repairs, or provide loaner equipment so you can stay up and running even at your busiest.
2. Warranty options - Look for dealers that offer different service plans depending on your needs - free phone support for the first year or two, a pay per incident model, or an annual contract that affords you unlimited support.
1. Service and support - Quality POS systems aren't hard to find - but the best point of sale companies can be. Take your time assessing which dealers provide the most phone and in-person customer service, the quickest repair service, and the clearest replacement policies.
Working with the best POS systems dealers
To ensure you'll be happy with your purchase, take the time to express exactly what you're looking for. Then use BuyerZone's free POS systems quotes request service to get connected to the best POS system dealers in your area.