Real-world Plotter Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
Wide-format printers with scanning Plotters or standard wide-format printers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for plotters.
There are a couple of significant factors that will impact how much you'll pay for a plotter. The first is the overall functionality: expect to pay quite a bit more for plotters that also function as a wide-format scanners and copiers.
A second consideration is size. It's very straightforward: you'll pay more for larger models when you buy a plotter. The most common size for wide-format printers is 36" - the width of the standard "D size" print. For reference, we've added notes to quotes below to indicate what the printing width of each model is.
Note that it's hard to compare these prices directly with quotes you might get from vendors. Many plotter vendors will offer extras like a roll of media, additional ink supplies, or installation and delivery services to help win your business. Don't be shy about asking for some extras when negotiating your final pricing.
Wide-format printers with scanning
- "2 at $16,000 each, with service contract supplies and training/installation." - Wholesaler, Seattle, Washington
- "KIP 3002 for $13,885." [36" printing width] - Architect, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- "KIP 3002 -$14,200, HP 4000ps - $11,400. 1 yr service contract $500." [36" printing width] - Wholesaler, Auburn, Washington
- "Oce TCS400. $12,210 for the printer, training, delivery, installation." [36" printing width] - General contractor, St. Paul, Minnesota
- "Lanier LW310 - $13,000 - plotters for sale with everything." [36" printing width] - Home construction, Burien, Washington
Plotters or standard wide-format printers
- "Canon iPF6400 $2,600." - Design Studio, Boston, Massachusetts
- "HP 5500 - $9,900." [42" printing width] - Consultant, Wickenburg, Arizona
- "Epson 7800 Pro, $3,500, included ethernet card." [24" printing width] - Manufacturer, Pleasant Grove, California
- "$2,850 for a Graphtec plotter FC7000-75 30" plotter w/ stand and blades." - Advertising agency, Martinez, California
- "Graphtec FC7000-75 plotter. $3,295 - serial cable, media basket, shipping." [36" printing width] - Local government, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- "HP 3500CP, refurbished with ink, paper, and other accessories for $3,500." [54" printing width] - Clothing maker, Pleasant Grove, Utah
- "$10,000 for a 60" plotter." - Custom automotive services, Fort Myers, Florida
- "$2,695 -- HP Designjet 500. Basic package w/ assembly and set-up of printer and 1 yr on-site parts and labor." [24" printing width]
- "HP 800 - $4,500" [42" printing width] - Contractor, San Diego, California
Ready to Compare Wide Format Printers and Plotters Price Quotes?