Real-World Residential Steel Building Pricing From BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for residential steel buildings.
Steel building pricing is typically based per square foot and includes materials, foundation, construction, and delivery of parts. Some vendors may charge separately for materials and foundation.
Many factors can impact pricing for residential steel buildings, such as insulation, interior finishing, add-ons such as windows, doors, and skylights, unusual designs, and labor costs for installation.
Be sure to read the contract carefully before the builders begin construction. It should detail the job specifics as well as the builder's responsibilities. Keep a close eye on which materials will be used in the construction. The builder should provide specifics such as brand name, model numbers, and the amount of raw materials required. If they need to make a substitute, make sure it's of equal or greater value and doesn't add to your costs.
Steel building prices (up to 1,500 sq ft)
- "Complete building was included, 24' x 30' x 10' with doors. Installation was also included. Complete turnkey building for $7,900." Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
- "$5,800 for the building, $1,200 for assembly on site - Very wide single garage door with opener, 3' walk in door also - 1' overhang eaves with gutters."Clarksville, Tennessee
- "$11,250 for a 24' x 40' pole barn with a metal roof and metal walls, insulated all the way around. With a 4" concrete slab."Cookeville, Tennessee
- "$8,000. 30' x 40' building, tan with green roof, 4 skylights, 2 10' x 10' roll up doors, and 1 3' x 7' walk-through door. All doors and equipment included, delivered and unloaded by the company we purchased from and in a timely manner with good communication via telephone."Kirbyville, Texas
- "24' x 42' x 10'. 4' 6" eve height, in height clear span. 12' x 9' overhead door, 8' x 8' overhead door, entrance door, 1' eve, ridge vents, light panels, 10' x 42' self-supporting shed on one side. Choice of colors. Door closer. Taxes and delivered for under $14,500."Louisa, Kentucky
- "26' x 28' x 13', 9 1/2' straight walls, 13 arches: $8,300 + shipping. 10' x 10' opening one end (no door). 23 gauge steel, aluma-galv coated, 30-year durability, warranty."Pinon Hills, California
- "$6,000 delivered for 16' x 20' steel building with one walk-in door and one 8' x 8' framed opening for roll up door."Zapata, Texas
- "Blueprints with wet stamp for state of Nevada, Clark city and no Las Vegas permitting office, designed for Nevada laws 34 lb snow rating and 134 mph wind - $4,775 + $425 = $5,200 delivered to my location - 25' x 30' x 12.5' - A shape steel bldg with one solid steel end wall and 1 steel end wall with 7'x16' garage door cut out."North Las Vegas, Nevada
Steel building prices (above 1,500 sq ft)
- "$27,000 - concrete floor, roll up door, big sliding door, walk in door, and 70 amp electrical."Gladwin, Michigan
- "$16,646 includes 2 walk through doors, 2 opening windows, 3 light transmitting panels, and 3 drive thru openings. All hardware included in the price."Glendive, Montana
- "$13,300 including insulation, walk door, eight 3-0 x 4-0 double pane windows, 10' x 8' overhead door, raised center isle, 12" overhangs & cupola."Grapevine, Texas
- "$21,700 included freight, insulation, increased snow load & wind load, 40' x 60' with 16' eaves including personnel door and window framing."Leadville, Colorado
- "The cost is $20,000. 2-door openings, post protector, dual rails on large door and insulation. All on a 40' x 50' x 12' building."Louisville, Kentucky
- "$17,900 steel building - $8,000 concrete slab (40' x 40') - $6,000 erection labor - $31,900 total estimate."Lucerne Valley, California
- "32' x 70' building, 38' x 10' rollup doors, two 3' x 7' man doors, six 3' x 10' skylights, one 16' x 8' rollup door, insulated, rain gutters - all for $18,094."Sahuarita, Arizona
- "$20,000 - plans, engineering, product, and delivery."Wellton, Arizona
Want more information on choosing an residential steel buildings? Read our Residential Steel Buildings Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Residential Steel Buildings Price Quotes?