Real-world Gift Card System Pricing from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for gift card systems.
Gift card systems can handle gift certificates, loyalty programs, and credit for merchandise returns using software downloaded to your existing credit card terminal or PC.
Typical gift card systems include a supply of cards, software to track their usage, and a point of sale display. Expect to pay extra for custom artwork, unusual card shapes, larger displays, gift boxes, and promotional tools.
Gift card vendors will charge a fee for each gift card you activate using your existing credit card terminal or a separately purchased card swiper or bar code scanner. Vendors may also require set-up costs, as well as a one-to-three year contract to cover reporting, fraud monitoring, training, and customer support.
Fixed value gift cards
- "Equipment $300 - set-up $150 - minimum card order $325 - Note all amounts include a discount applied as vendor was selected for credit card processing as well." -- Retail CEO, Imperial, Nebraska
- "3,000 Teslin cards with loyalty and gift card programs, mag stripes encoded, and human readable numbers, 4-color custom artwork for $1,580 plus shipping and tax." -- Banking CFO, Galena, Kansas
- "About $3,200 for processing at two stores, headquarters module, 2 card readers, and 1,000 30 mil 4 color cards." -- Coffee shop owner, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- "$865 - 5,000 cards - 4-color front - one color back w/ bar code and increasing, unique numbers." -- Health care manager, Redondo Beach, California
- "We purchased 10,000 gift cards with mag stripe and paid 20 cents per card." -- Hospitality IT, East Hampton, New York
- "$1,084, including design and plate setup ($99) and shipping ($25) - 3,200 cards - cost per card (excluding setup and shipping) = $0.30." -- Retail consultant, North Las Vegas, Nevada
Loyalty Program Gift Cards
- "$473, included 500 Teslin cards full color front, 2 color back with barcode and a rush order on the cards." -- Pet supply retailer, Coral Springs, Florida
- "$0.67 per card for 1,000 cards. This was slightly higher than one other quote. However, it appears as though their graphic designer will work with and assist me in the layout and design. I just ordered today, so I can't verify service. However, it does seem as though they provide a higher level of service, which appealed to me the most." -- Associations partner, Milford, Connecticut
- "$1,245, all cards and art work and shipping." -- Spa owner, Buffalo, Minnesota
- "$0.86 per card 4-color front, 1-color back, total quantity of 500." -- Photographer, Watertown, South Dakota
Reloadable and Loyalty Gift Cards
- "$625 (including cards and shipping) for 1,000 cards with 500 bonus. Total of 1,500 cards." -- Ice cream parlor, Rochester, Minnesota
- "ProfitPoint customized gift cards @ $.45 each. VantageCard included credit/debit card and electronic check processing. Valutec Card Solutions, Inc. included promotional materials." -- Wholesale distributor, Fruita, Colorado
- "$795 for 500 cards, logo and design work, full POS materials, card envelopes, and a reduction in other credit card processing costs." -- Retailer, Plymouth, Massachusetts
- "$645. 500 cards, plate fee, temp cards, art design fees." -- Transportation operations, Elgin, Illinois
- "1,000 gift cards at $.48 each (plus 500 free promotion) - Omni 3750 new credit card terminal and pin pad - $400." -- Retail manager, Jackson, Wisconsin
Want more information on choosing a gift card service? Read our Gift Cards Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Gift Cards Price Quotes?