Sharp MX-B402 Digital Copier
- Fast, crisp prints and copies - up to 40 pages per minute
- Doubled toner yield and refillable, tool-free developer
- Powerful 800 MHz controller for true multi-tasking
- Large 7" high-resolution widescreen color touch display
- ImageSEND™ technology scans documents to 7 destinations
- Easy-to-use document filing system with thumbnail preview
- Sharp OSA® technology - streamline workflow
The MX-B402 is an A4 Frontier model that blends more efficient, sustainable supplies with common, award-winning Frontier Series architecture. The toner cartridge of the MX-B402 has double the toner capacity and lifespan versus that of the previous MX-B401 model, from 10,000 to 20,000 pages! This benefits the customer by helping to reduce potential downtime and maintenance intervals. The MX-B402 now utilizes a tool-free, refillable developer system. Similar to the developer systems used in Sharp's award-winning A3 Monochrome MFPs, the MX-B402's developer system is now designed to be refilled. In addition, a large 7" wide screen color touch-panel simplifies operation by providing an intuitive user interface to keep ahead of today's fast-paced office document distribution needs. Incorporating next-generation Common Controller architecture, the Frontier Series provides uniform functionality and operability as found in Sharp's award-winning MFP product line. This model also offers modular expandability, remote-access capabilities, and a value-added approach award-winning Sharp OSA® platform, and the industry-leading Sharp security suite to protect data and control access.
Sharp's Newest Features
- Powerful 800 MHz true multi-tasking color document system
- High resolution 7" touch-screen color display with graphical navigation
- Remote Front Panel Control
- Front panel USB port
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Image Preview and Thumbnail View
- Industry leading ImageSEND™ function scans documents to USB devices, network folders, e-mail and more.
- XPS option available
- Supports Sharp's award winning multi-level document and MFP security suite
- Advanced web-based device management with on-board user manuals
- IEEE-P2600 compliant
High-Quality Network Printing
- 1200 dpi, 600 dpi
- Standard PCL® 6/PCL5e, PostScript® 3
- Optional XPS
- Professional, ultra-crisp documents with features including cover page printing, overlay print and pamphlet print
- Easy-to-use print drivers
- Advanced Image Stabilization provides high quality images page after page.
Award Winning Network Scanning
- ImageSEND feature enables users to scan documents to up to seven different destinations, including USB memory devices, network folders, and more!
- Send-to-Group function allows users to send a mixed group broadcast to e-mail, fax, and Internet fax in a single operation.
- With Send-to-USB feature, you can quickly scan documents to a USB memory device in popular formats such as TIFF, JPEG, PDF, and Encrypted PDF.
Versatile Application Integration
- The MX-B402 supports the new 3rd Generation Sharp OSA technologies, which helps streamline document workflow and enhances productivity by allowing users to have bi-directional interaction with network applications right from the machine LCD panel.
- Sharp OSA technology uses industry-standard network protocols such as XML and SOAP.
- The MX-B402 interact with critical business applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning software, workflow applications, and more!
Integrated B/W Fax and Internet Fax
- Optional Super G3 fax module offers advanced feature such as automatic stapling of received faxes.
- Inbound Fax Routing converts fax messages to E-mail.
- Sharp's innovative PC fax driver enables users to send fax documents right from their desktop.
- Optional B/W Internet expansion kit
- Account Control: Up to 1,000 users. Supports user-number authentication (on device), login name/password (on device) or login name/password (on device via LDAP).
- Auto Duplexing: Standard
- Auto Switching: Yes
- Bypass Tray: Yes
- Card Shot Feature: Yes
- Compression Type - Fax: JBIG, MMR, MR, MH
- Compression Type - Scan Documents: Monochrome: TIFF, PDF, Encrypted PDF, XPS1, Color: Grayscale, Color TIFF, JPEG, PDF, Encrypted PDF, XPS1, Internet Fax: TIFF-FX, FIFF-F, TIFF-S1
- Continuous Copy: Max. 999 copies
- Controller Type: Multitasking Common Controller Architecture
- Copy Features: Scan-Once-Print-Many, electronic sorting, Integrated offset-stacking, Auto Paper Sensing (APS), Auto Magnification Sensing (AMS), Auto tray switching (ATS), rotation copy, reverse copy, margin shift, edge erase, OHP insertion, card shot, reverse image, black-white reversal, centering, proof copy, 2-in-1, photo repeat, document filing, job programs
- Copy Method: Dry electrostatic transfer/Dual component developer/Magnetic brush development/OPC drums/Heat Roller fusing/Cold Cathode white lamp
- Copy Size: Min. 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", Max. 8 1/2" x 14"
- Copy/Print Speed: 40 B&W
- Display Type: 7" Color Touch Panel
- Document Management: Yes
- Drum Type: OPC
- ENERGY STAR®: Yes
- Exposure Modes: Modes: Automatic (Color: Magical View, B&W: Character AE) Text, Text/Photo, Text/Printed-Photo, Printed-Photo, Photo, Map, Pale-Color document. Settings: Auto exposure control or 9 step manual exposure.
- Firmware Management: Flash ROM with local (USB); network update capability and firmware update 1 to N with PAU (Printer Administration Utility)
- First Copy Out Time1: Platen glass: 8.0 sec or less (B&W); RSPF: 9.9 sec or less (B&W)
- Functions2: Copy, print, network print, network scan, and fax
- Grayscale: 256 gradations/2 levels (monochrome)
- Hard Disk Drive: 80-GB HDD; 38-GB for Document Filing System and Electronic Sorting
- Interface Type: RJ-45 Ethernet connection; 10/100 BaseT; USB 2.0
- Job Build: Yes
- Job Programs: 48 combined
- Ledger: No
- Letter / Legal: Yes
- Light Source: Cold cathode lamp
- Magnification: 50 - 200% in 1% increments
- Max. Jobs in Memory: Up to 94
- Max. Paper Weight: 110 lb. index
- Memory: Standard 1 GB (copier); 512 MB (printer/network scanning) memory
- MFP Type: Monochrome multifunction digital document system
- Microprocessor Type: Power QUICCIII-MPC8533E/800MHz
- Network Interface: RJ-45 Ethernet connection, 10/100/1000 BaseT
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC) SSL (HTTP, IPP, FTP), SNMPv3, 802.1x for Windows® and Unix. LPD and LPR for UNIX. IPX/SPX® for Novell environments. EtherTalk® and NetBEUI, AppleTalk for Macintosh® environments.
- Network Security: P/MAC address filtering, protocol filtering, port management, user authentication and document administration
- Offset Stacking: Optional
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, 7, MAC OS-9.0, MAC OS-X, Novell® Netware® 3x, 4x, 5x, Sun® OS 4.1x, Solaris® 2x, UNIX, Linux, Citrix® (Metaframe, Presentation Server 4, 4.5) and Windows Terminal Services
- Optional Power Filter: AR-D5133NT
- Options: MX-FN12 Inner Finisher, MX-DS13 Base Plate with locking casters, MX-DS14 Stackable Cabinet, MX-CSX1 500 sheet Paper Feed Unit for Tray 2, MX-CSX2 500 sheet Paper Feed Unit for Trays 3 & 4, MX-PUX1 XPS Expansion Kit (Requires MX-SHP1GBXPS), MX-SHP1GBXPS Expansion Memory 1 GB (Required for MX-PUX1), AR-PF1 Bar Code Font Kit, MX-FR26U Commercial Data Security Kit, DCL310S CAC External Option, MX-CFCRM1 Card Reader Cabinet Mounting Kit, MX-FWX1 Internet Fax Expansion Kit, MX-FXX3 Fax Expansion Kit, DVENDFS Vendor Cable Kit, MX-BTX1 Business Card Feeder
- Original Feed System: 50-sheet RSPF with original size detection
- Output Capacity: Up to 280 sheets (Letter/Legal), 20 envelope
- Paper Feed System3: Standard: 500 sheet paper drawer (Letter/Legal) and 100-sheet bypass tray (Letter/Legal). Optional: Up to 3 additional 500-sheet paper drawers (Letter/Legal)
- Paper Type: Paper drawers: 16-28 lb. bond. Other paper types include: plain, pre-printed, recycled, pre-punched, letterhead, and color paper. Bypass Tray: 16-28 lb. bond (plain paper), 15-16 lb. (thin paper), 28 lb. bond-110 lb. index (heavy paper), 20-24 lb. (Monarch/Com-10 envelope). Other types include label paper, gloss paper, pre-printed, recycled, pre-punched, letterhead, color film and OHP Film.
- Power Consumption: Maximum 1440W or less
- Power Source: AC 100-127 V, 60 HZ, 12 Amps
- Resolution (copy mode): Scan: B&W and Color: 600 dpi; Copy Output: B&W 600 dpi
- RoHS: Yes
- Software: Sharpdesk™ desktop document management software (1 user license)
- Supplies: MX-B42NT1 Long-Life Black Toner Cartridge, MX-B42NV1 Tool-Free Black Developer, MX-C40NRB Black Drum
- Warm-Up Time4: 50 seconds or less
- Web-based Management: Yes
- Zoom Range: 50 - 200%
- Direct Printing5: File Types: TIFF, JPEG, PCL, PRN, TXT, PDF, Encrypted PDF, Postscript and XPS1. Methods: FTP, WebPage, E-mail and USB Memory
- Page Description Language: PCL®5c, PCL6, PostScript 3 compatible, optional XPS
- Print Drivers: CD-ROM: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, MAC OS® 9.0-9.2.2, OS-X (including 10.4.11, 10.5-10.5.8, 10.6-10.6.2), all MAC PPD Via Download: Windows ME, Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows Server 2008R2, MAC OS 9.0-9.2.2, OS-X 10.2.8, 10.3.9
- Print Features: Continuous printing, duplex printing, pamphlet printing, N-up printing, image rotation, different cover page/last page, transparency inserts, carbon copy print mode, fit-to-page, poster print, margin shift, mirror image, watermarks, overlay, confidential print, confidential batch print, print hold, bypass printing, job priority printing and direct printing. (Note: Some features not available on certain print drivers)
- Color Scanner Function: Yes
- Image Formats: JPEG, TIFF, PDF Standard, Optional XPS
- Broadcasting - Document Scanning: Yes
- Scan capability (color/B&W): Color, Monochrome, Grayscale
- Scan Destinations (number): 999
- Scan Destination type: E-mail, Desktop, FTP, Folder (SMB), USB, Internet fax (option), Super G3 fax (option)
- Scan Resolution Settings: 100 dpi, 200 dpi, 300 dpi, 400 dpi, 600 dpi
- Scan Speed: 35
- TWAIN Compatibility: Yes
- Stapler / Finisher: Optional
- Staple Sheet Capacity: 30
Super G3 Fax
- Auto Dialing: Up to 999 destinations (combined with scan destinations)
- Broadcasting - Super G3 Fax: Optional
- Fax Features: Quick on-line transmission, direct transmission, F-Code transmission/reception, rotate transmission, anti-junk fax reception, automatically staple received faxes, secure fax release, out of paper memory reception, auto redial, duplex reception transaction reports, activity reports and PC fax
- Fax Kit: Optional
- Fax Memory: 8mb (exclusive)
- Group Dialing Destinations: Up to 500
- Inbound Routing: Yes
- Long Length Originals: Up to 19 5/8" (for transmission)
- Modem/Speed6: 33.6 KBPS / Approximately 2 seconds with JBIG7
- One Touch Destinations: Up to 999 destinations (combined with scan destinations)
- Data Security Kit: Optional
- Network Expansion Kit: Standard
- Weight: Approx. 107 lbs. (base model)