Real-world Email Marketing Prices
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. The following responses represent a sampling of actual prices paid for email marketing services.
There are two standard pricing models for email marketing services: subscription-based services and one-time campaigns. Businesses that plan to send out regular emails or newsletters subscribe to a monthly service that covers a certain volume of email. If a company wants to send a single email for a specific event or announcement, they can pay a one-time fee for that campaign only. Vendors often charge a set-up fee for both types of service.
Although email marketing providers offer a variety of services, they don't typically rent email lists. You either need to build an email list in-house, or obtain one from a mailing list broker.
Subscription-based email marketing prices
- "$600 - Manage mailing list, process and execute up to 32,000 individual emails per year along with detailed reporting capabilities." [per year] - Advertising professional, Hawley, Pennsylvania
- "$357 for a year-long program so that I can send up to 5,000 emails per month to my email lists via their web-based tool." - Retailer, Natick, Massachusetts
- "$810 for 6 months of service with unlimited emails to a 15k member database. 2 months free and 10% discount for non-profit up-front paid." - Non-profit Webmaster, Baltimore, Maryland
- "$100 set up fee, plus $9.95/month for 1,000 emails." - Insurance Administrative Assistant, Cleveland, Ohio
- "$300 got us 2,500 emails for the year, training and help w/ the first email, free phone support for first 30 days, free unlimited email help, and everything else." - Retailer, Toledo, Ohio
- "$69/month for 12 months, plus one-time setup fee ($99)." - Government Writer, Arlington, Virginia
- "$275 a year subscription for 10,000 emails a month." - Education Accounting, Austin, Texas
- "$175 for one year of email service - 1,000 emails/month. Plus some needed add-ons like the ability to personalize the emails." - Hospitality CEO, Salt Lake City, Utah
- "$600 per year up to 15,000 emails; $.04 each additional email. 30-day phone support; unlimited email support." - Restaurant Manager, Buffalo, New York
- "$100 per quarter includes ability to send 18,000 e-mails annually, tracking, software to work on it and view database, custom template thrown in, phone support for 30 days, free e-mail support." [per quarter] - Marketing CEO, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- "Paid $200 for setup and $100/month for service. Service is online so it requires no hardware/software to be purchased." - Retail Marketer, Provo, Utah
- "$800/month for 250K-300K email addresses sent unlimited monthly as long as they are 1KB per month." - Insurance company, Wake Forest, North Carolina
Single campaign email marketing prices
- "We paid $252 and we have surveys, email marketing, reporting system (track our emails) different templates, and a downloadable logo." - Public school, Cincinnati, Ohio
- "$95. One-time mass email of about 10,000 addresses." - Business Services Webmaster, Jackson, Wyoming
- "$394.95 - included emailing services, address list management, and reporting." - Media Manager, New York, New York
- "I spent $8,000 and got branding, features, 24 hour tech support, and deliverability." - Insurance marketing, Charleston, West Virginia
- "$350 to send 958 emails." - Flower shop owner, Maryville, Tennessee
- "$75 for up to 10,000 emails - $150 over 10,000." - Media partner, Moorpark, California
- "$600 to purchase a list of 10,000 email address, plus mailing and phone numbers, with specific criteria." - Business services provider, Los Angeles, California
Want more information on choosing an email marketing service? Read our Email Marketing Services Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Email Marketing Services Price Quotes?