Real-world LCD projector prices from BuyerZone buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for LCD projectors. When available, we've included the model name or number so you can look up the detailed specs on a given projector.
Among the many factors that influence LCD projector pricing, two of the most significant are brightness and weight. The brighter and lighter the projector, the more you can expect to pay. We've added the rated brightness (in ANSI lumens, the industry standard for measuring brightness) and projector weight to each response.
We've divided the responses into two categories - those projectors under seven pounds and those over. While the smallest portable projectors are around two or three pounds, those under seven pounds are still designed for traveling presentations.
Unfortunately, we didn't get any quotes from our users on pricing for the largest projectors: fixed-installation equipment that gets permanently installed in an auditorium or conference room. In general, those types of units can go from $4,000 to $10,000.
Prices for LCD projectors over 7 pounds
- $999 for an Epson 3010." [2,200 lumens, 13.3 lbs]
- Religious retreat, Pacific Palisades, California
- "1 Epson EMP 81p LCD projector with additional 3rd
year warranty, $1,649. 1 extra lamp, $279. With
shipping and tax, total $2,050." [2,000 lumens, 9.0 lbs]
- Government consultant, Arlington, Virginia
- "Epson 835p wireless projector: $3,000.
Awaiting delivery." [3,000 lumens, 10.4 lbs]
- Church, Ashley Falls, Massachusetts
- "Hitachi CP-X4015WN - $989. Included tax and $10 shipping" [4,000 lumens, 8.15 lbs]
- Church, Vandalia, Illinois
- "Epson Powerlite S1 Plus - $801. 2
year warranty with overnight replacement, including shipping." [1,400
lumens, 7.0 lbs]
- Publisher, Edwards, North Carolina
- "Everything including projector, 50 ft HDMI cable and ceiling mount, plus extra bulb and tax - $902."
- Non Profit, olympia, Washington
- "NEC LT245. 2,200 lumens, XGA Projector. $1,720
with 2 flash drives." [7.1 lbs]
- Manufacturer, Society Hill, South Carolina
- "Epson S1+ for $749. Two remote
controls, soft side carrying case. 2-year, 24-hour "roadside"
replacement warranty." [1,400 lumens, 7.0 lbs]
- Library, New Bern, North Carolina
Prices for LCD projectors under 7 pounds
- "Mitsubishi EX100U $1,300." [2,000
lumens, 6.5 lbs]
- Health care provider, Bennettsville, South Carolina
- "$895. Lumens: 1,600; resolution:
SVGA 800x600; weight: 4 Pounds; 2X digital zoom, 3 year parts and labor
- Non-profit organization, Longmont, Colorado
- "$1,945 for an NEC LT20 2.2 lb
projector & a Dalite Deluxe Insta-Theatre 80" projection screen."
[1,500 lumens, 2.2 lbs]
- Hospitality business, San Antonio, Texas
- "$749 + $25 freight. Optoma
EZPRO731 SVGA DLP Projector, 1,200 lumens, 2 yr. warranty." [4.5 lbs]
- Electronics manufacturer, Carrollton, Texas
- "Epson 750c projector with case and 3 yr warranty
for $1,397. Although there was someone for $100 less, I
chose LT because of their knowledge of product and their
recommendations. They do represent numerous vendors." [2,000 lumens, 3.8
- Education services, Lincoln, Nebraska
Want more information on choosing a LCD Projector? Read our LCD Projectors Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.