Real-world CD Production Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices businesses paid for CD/DVD replication and duplication services.
Businesses turn to CD/DVD replication services to produce large quantities of audio, video, or informational media to be used in mailings, promotional giveaways, and demonstrations. Replication vendors offer two main services:
- Replication - Pressing large quantities (usually 1,000 or more) of high-quality CDs and DVDs using a glass master mold. Replication is considered the higher quality service. It's fast to create and the best option for mass production. It's also the most expensive.
- Duplication - Copying content from a master CD or DVD onto recordable media in small batches (around 500 to 1,000 or less). Duplication is best when you need a fast turnaround for a limited number of copies. The quality isn't as strong as replication, but it's suitable for distribution and typically more affordable than replication.
Along with replication or duplication service, CD/DVD replication vendors may provide extra services such as custom packaging, silk-screening, shrink-wrapping, and labeling for an additional fee. If you want graphic design work for the media and the packaging, vendors typically charge an hourly rate. Depending on the vendor, you may also pay a set-up fee for creation of the glass master.
Keep an eye on new DVD technology such as Blu-Ray DVD and HD DVD. Some vendors already offer Blu-Ray DVD and HD DVD replication services, which costs more per unit than standard DVDs.
CD duplication prices
- "100 retail ready at $341."
- Media Marketing, Marshall, Wisconsin
- "$249 after setup fees for 100
offset printed cardboard sleeves with black on white disc. Each unit
shrinkwrapped plus 50 11"X17" offset print posters."
- Media Provider, Rapid City, South Dakota
- "I needed 100 CDs duplicated. The cost was $70,
including shipping. A good deal."
- Non-Profit President, Tyler, Texas
CD replication prices
- "$793 (replication, jewel cases,
insert.)" [500 audio CDs]
- Educator, Lynnwood, Washington
- "$1,300 for everything for a
finished product of 1,000 CDs."
- Creative Designer, Monticello, Wisconsin
- "Approx. $800 for the replication
of 1,000 audio CDs, and the placing of the CDs into tamper-proof,
- Publishing CEO, Jackson, Tennessee
- "Approx. $1.65 per unit for 2,500
units including extra sheets and shrinkwrapping."
- Advertising Executive, New York, New York
DVD replication and DVD duplication prices
- "I was quoted a price of $3.60 per
copy for a DVD project to present at my 50th HS reunion. That price
included the duplication of my master onto a DVD-R, a printed label of
my photo of our school in 1956, on the DVD, plus shrink wrapping. This
was an exceptional bargain because I was expecting to spend $4 to $5 per
copy and was not expecting the shrink wrap option. I made 120 copies to
give to the attendees as a gift."
- Business Service Provider, Running Springs, California
- "2,000 CD business cards with 4-color printing for $1,190."
- Education Marketer, Vancouver, Washington
- "Label, paper sleeves - 275 DVDs @ $1.76
- Health Care Provider, Kirkland, Washington
Want more information on choosing an CD and DVD Replicator? Read our CD and DVD Replication Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare CD DVD Replication - INACTIVE Price Quotes?