Real-world POS System Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices paid for POS systems.
The two major types of POS systems are those that focus on retail businesses, and those designed for hospitality businesses like restaurants, night clubs, and service-focused businesses like hair salons and dry cleaners. The difference is the features they offer, not the price: as you'll see below, the prices for both can vary tremendously.
Some factors that have the most impact on price are whether or not you require installation, training, and ongoing technical support with your system. Basic POS systems can be set up by anyone with some computer skills, but more complicated systems - those that include networked POS stations or multiple locations - are better left to the pros.
More expensive software includes features such as remote access, which allows you to check in on business from anywhere, and more comprehensive reporting.
- "Approx. $6,000. This is a plug n' play POS station with cash drawer, keyboard w/ integrated mouse, touch screen, thermal receipt printer, 2 copies of the Nevo retail software, 1 network cable and 1 year tech support." -- Cosmetics retailer, Camarillo, California
- "$2,999 included beer, wine and liquor software, POS software, computer, register drawer, internet real time inventory between two stores." -- Liquor store, Aurora, Illinois
- "$5,987. We received 3 upgrade licenses, 2 scanners, 2 printers, 1 cash drawer, 1 box printer paper, 2 software module add-ons, 2 maintenance contracts, and 2 8-hour training and installation support sessions." -- Retail food and beverage market, McMinnville, Oregon
- "$4,530. 1 computer with 15" LCD touch screen, thermal receipt printer, cash drawer, handheld/counter top scanner with stand and credit card swiper, POS software, quarterly support. With installation, setup and training. Plus a 1/2 case of printer tape." -- Gift shop, Battle Creek, Michigan
- "$15,000 - 4 POS systems w/computers, back office computer, software, set up." -- Discount retailer, Lakeland, Florida
- "The total price with annual service contract is $42,000. Hardware: 6 Complete Dell computer system and 1 server. Software: QuickBooks financial software and their interface. Service: set-up the network, training and annual service contracts." -- Counter and cabinet retailer, Concord, California
- "$2,100 plus shipping. PC with hardware (mouse,keyboard), 15 inch flat screen, POS software, cash drawer, scanner and thermal printer." -- General retail, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- "$4,500 - 4 Samsung 650R registers, memory, software, power filters, installation cost." -- Housewares retailer, Vernon Hills, Illinois
- "$16,000 for three terminal system, back office system, restaurant POS software, installation, set-up, training and service contract." -- Nightclub, Honolulu, Hawaii
- "$6,500 1 POS system, 2 stations." -- Nightclub/retailer, Key West, Florida
- "$5,615. Restaurant Pro software, PC Credit software, cash drawer, 2 thermal printers, touch screen, cherry keyboard, Dell Optiplex computer. 5 hours of support, 24 hour tech support for one year." -- Coffee bar/gift shop, Garner, Iowa
- "$11,500. Hardware, software, installation, and training." -- Fine dining restaurant, McGregor, Minnesota
- "Total cost is $13,000 with software and hardware. This is for 3 terminals w/touch screens, broadband EFT and time and attendance. I also purchased 3 thermal printers and 1 remote printer." -- Full service restaurant, Vienna, Virginia
- "$1,700 for POS software, PC, card scanner and necessary software, menu set-up, hardware set-up, training and support." -- Quick service restaurant, Wenatchee, Washington
- "$4,644: 1 Diamond IT-8800 touch screen terminal - Maitre'D software suite -1 thermal printer -1 impact printer -1 pc cash drawer." -- Full service restaurant, Richmond, Virginia
Want more information on choosing an POS system? Read our POS Systems Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare POS Systems Price Quotes?