Real-world Fire Alarm System Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
Need to install a fire alarm system but not sure how much you should pay? All the prices below were reported by other BuyerZone users just like you.
There are many factors that contribute to the final cost of your fire alarm system, including the type of business you run, and the specific codes and laws in your area. But the total size of the area you need to protect is one of the most significant. We've separated the prices below into two groups based on the size of the business being protected:
Larger buildings require more detectors, more strobe lights and horns, and more robust control panels. However, because there are so many other factors that impact the price of a fire alarm system, the best way to get an accurate idea of cost is to get a detailed quote from an authorized dealer who comes to you and inspects your location.
Fire alarm prices -- less than 5,000 sq ft
- "$2,900 down and $95 per month for 5 years. Code-compliant pull stations at three doors, sensors in all rooms, strobe and alarms in both baths, CO2 sensors, burglar system, alarm horn, and yearly test of system included." - School, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- "I was looking for a quote for a system to cover a 4,500 sq ft office, the materials were around $3,400. Thanks for your help." - Construction firm, Waltham, Massachusetts
- "$987 - Install and test 5 strobes and 1 horn. Cabling, labor and equipment included." - Health care practice, Schaumburg, Illinois
- "Fire-Lite MS-10-UD, 10-sensor system i3 detectors, 2 batteries, 3 strobe/horn units, and 1,000 ft of 16-4 fire wire. $1,068." - Consultant, Hudson, Florida
- "$3,480 - all equipment and installation." - Retailer, Long Beach, New York
- "$2,000, complete bid, i.e. rate of rise heat detector. They worked with the local fire marshal, etc -- better service." - Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida
Fire alarm prices - more than 5,000 sq ft
- "Doing business with local contractor, flexing contract. Work in progress, initial award $3,200 for materials and service work." - Church, Wenatchee, Washington
- "Approx $4,000 for pull stations, strobes, addressable box. (About 50% of next cheapest price)." - Manufacturer, Walpole, Massachusetts
- "$5,700 includes fire alarms, all units, common areas, security systems with separate control, billing, plan development and fire marshal coordination; installation, service." - Retailer, Snow Hill, Maryland
- "Service contract with monthly monitoring - under $2,500 for the year." [monitoring only] - Government agency, Painesville, Ohio
- "$16,500 for complete fire protection services." - Contractor, Seattle, Washington
- "$15,000 plus $295.50 a month, with all equipment required for the code and security system." - Education, New York, New York
- "$5,700 - panel, strobes, horns, Ansul system, monitoring." - Restaurant, Billerica, Massachusetts
Want more information on buying a fire alarm system? Read our Fire Alarms Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Fire Alarm Systems Price Quotes?