Is a Flavia Coffee Maker the Best Option?
Flavia coffee makers are a popular choice of single serve coffee brewer in large and small offices alike. Flavia brewers are energy efficient, hassle-free, and user-friendly, but is a Flavia coffee machine the right choice for your break room?
The pros and cons of a Flavia coffee maker
The advantages of the Flavia coffee maker include:
- Convenient single cup brewing in as little as thirty seconds
- Zero hassle or cleanup during regular operation
- User-friendly for all employees in an office break room
- A wide variety of flavors options, including hot and iced coffee drinks, teas, and hot chocolates brewed in the same machine
- Customizable coffee drinks based on volume and strength
- Flavia brewers feature an energy-saving mode to minimize electricity consumption
The disadvantages of a Flavia coffee maker include:
- Limited retail availability of refill packets - however, flavor filters can be purchased easily online
- Plastic coffee packets aren't environmentally friendly since they are discarded after every use
- Single cup brewing does not use fresh coffee grounds and will not provide the freshest coffee or espresso flavor available
- Water reservoir may need to be refilled often unless it is connected to a water line
Keurig offers another popular single serve brewing option for offices, similar to the Flavia coffee maker. The Keurig can be used to brew coffee, tea, iced beverages, or hot cocoa at the touch of a button within 60 seconds. The brewer offers three different cup sizes and a removable drip tray to accommodate larger travel mugs.
Both the Flavia and Keurig offer energy efficient features to minimize the use of electricity. The Flavia will only heat enough water to brew one cup at a time, and both machines feature an energy-saving mode to automatically turn off energy-draining devices in the machine, such as the boiler and the lights, when not in use.
Moreover, Mars Drinks, which owns Flavia, has a five-part sustainability initiative, which aims to eliminate 100% of landfill waste from Flavia brewers and source 100% of their coffees and teas from certified sources by 2015.
Which Flavia brewing machine is best for your office?
- Home Office of 1-4 People: The Flavia Fusion at $124.99 is recommended for small home offices, and is capable of brewing 30 different hot or iced beverages one cup at a time. This machine can make lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, coffee, teas, and hot chocolate, brewing directly from package to cup.
- Small Office of 5-4 People: Ideal for small offices, the Flavia Creation 150 is priced at $229.99. This model offers more than 30 different hot or iced drink options available for single cup brewing. It functions as an all-in-one coffee maker, espresso machine, and teapot without any mess or cleanup necessary.
- Medium Office of 15-19 People: The Flavia Creation 200 at $450 is recommended for medium sized offices, offering energy efficient features and Fresh Release Technology. The machine is user-friendly and can be plumbed directly to a waterline or used as a pourover brewer.
- Large Office of 50+ People: The Flavia Creation 400 is available for leasing, as well as for a free trial in your office. It is ideal for large office settings and can create cappuccinos, lattes, and machaccinos directly from package to cup. This model requires no cleaning between brew cycles, making it user-friendly and hassle-free.
A single person drinking one cup of coffee a day will drink 250 cups in a year (in a five-day-a-week, fifty-week work year). Flavia offers bulk packs of its coffees for $56.49 per 100-pack, which works out to around $140 per person per year.Ready to Compare Office Coffee Services Price Quotes?