Real-world Business Alarm System Prices from BuyerZone Buyers
We regularly survey BuyerZone users to ask how their purchases went. We've used their responses to provide a sampling of actual prices businesses paid for their monitored alarm systems.
Monthly fees for monitored alarm systems are fairly consistent. Most carry monthly monitoring fees of $25 to $35 which are usually locked in for three to five year contracts. Equipment warranties can add $5 to $10 to the monthly costs.
Vendors will typically provide basic equipment - window contacts, motion detectors, glass break sensors - for free. Advanced security features such as CCTV systems, fire alarm protection, and digital video recorders cost considerably more. Depending on the vendor, you may also pay for system installation. For more information on CCTV systems, read our Video Surveillance Buyer's Guide.
Monitored alarm systems are available in hard-wired and wireless formats. Existing wiring makes it easy to install a new alarm. Otherwise, wireless systems prevent you from having to drill holes, lift carpets, or run wires throughout your offices.
The standard monitored alarm contract is two to three years. While you can get a better monthly rate if you opt for an even longer agreement, you may not be able to negotiate later if prices drop.
Monitored alarm system prices (basic equipment)
- "$350 install ($34.99/mo with full maintenance) - 1 pro kit, 2 additional motion detectors, repurpose 1 existing motion detector. No charge for labor." -- Designer, Austin, Texas
- "$199 for basic alarm; just under $105 for first quarterly monitoring installment; then about $20 for first quarterly installment of service contract; will take advantage of free basic home alarm system - and only pay for additional and monthly monitoring at home - great deal." -- Accounting Partner, Bedford, New Hampshire
- "$300 for the system with three motion sensors and two door contacts, $30 per month for monitoring." -- Business Service Provider, North Heldon, New Jersey
- "About $650-$750 plus monthly monitoring fees. This included a basic set up, and a few extras that we needed: wireless motion sensors, window/door contacts, keypad, and keyless remotes." -- Real Estate Office Manager, San Jose, California
- "$299 for new keypad/1 motion detector and alarm system. Hooked up existing glass break detectors and existing motion detectors. $35/month monitoring." -- Sales Manager, Burleson, Texas
- "$429.44 for installation and first month's service. Basic burglar alarm system, plus glass breakage detector and 2 extra door monitors." -- Non-Profit Owner, Woodruff, South Carolina
- "$595 for motion detector system in office area and shop area. Control panel with communicator and digital key pad are no charge." -- Machine Salesperson, Houston, TX
- "$435 total. They had a special package for $99 which we added extra door/window sensors, key fob, and remote access." -- Retail Office Manager, Shingle Springs, California
- "$249 for 3 motion detectors, 2 door jam sensors, wireless panel and 4 wireless fobs." -- Insurance Attorney, Somerville, New Jersey
- "I paid $149. Complete new installation (location had never been wired); all door contacts, control panel and motion detector. - I chose the platinum monthly package at $41.49 instead of the basic at $34.99 to cover EVERYTHING including any service calls." -- Equipment sales & service, Arlington, Texas
Monitored alarm systems pricing (advanced equipment)
- "$2,600 for standard burglar alarm system with additional digital color 2-camera surveillance." -- Pest Control Company, Laurens, South Carolina
- "$17,582. This is just the cost of alarm system and installation. Monitoring is separate as is the service contract." -- Health Care Provider, Annandale, Virginia
- "$3,000 included 4 cameras, DVR, 17 LCD monitor, motion detectors, and sensors on all doors." -- Retailer, Sacramento, California
- "Approximately $10,000 that includes fire and theft protection and a PA system in the plant. Very good deal when purchased together." -- Manufacturer, Mattoon, Illinois
Want more information on monitored alarm system prices and how to choose a vendor? Read our Monitored Alarm System Buyer's Guide.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Monitored Alarm Systems - INACTIVE Price Quotes?