Real-world Time and Attendance System Prices from Recent Buyers
Here's a sampling of actual prices paid by buyers of time and attendance systems who used our service.
- In-house solutions for small businesses
- Hosted (ASP) solutions
- Solutions for mid sized and larger companies
In-house solutions for small businesses
For companies buying time tracking equipment for fewer than 25 employees, there are two common price ranges. Basic time clocks and software can be found for around $300 to $500, while full-featured time and attendance programs that include employee scheduling, biometric input, or integration with payroll systems are more typically $2,000 to $4,000.
- "$399 time clock, software, proximity cards, warranty." - For 1 - 25 employees - Church, Kokomo, Indiana
- "Approx. $2,000 - 2 ethernet clocks, software for 10 people, 50 badges." - Computer/IT consultant, Murray, Kentucky
- "Hardware, software & service:$3,500." - For 1 - 25 employees - Wholesaler, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- "$365 - this included the clock itself (which had a proximity reader as well as a keypad for PIN entry,) its manufacturer's time and attendance software, 35 proximity badges, 50 feet of communications cable, 1 year warranty, and 30 days' setup support." - For 1 - 25 employees. - Manufacturer, Arlington, Texas
- "$3,000 with all the restaurant hardware and software." - For 1 - 25 employees, with scheduling and payroll integration. - Hospitality, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hosted (ASP) solutions
Some companies opt for ASP solutions instead of purchasing a system outright. This allows them to pay smaller monthly fees for access to a web-based tracking system.
- "$35 per month." - For 1-9 employees - Wholesaler, 1-25, Mesa, Arizona
- "$750 setup, $9.95/month." - For 1-24 employees in 4 locations - Consulting, Fallon, Missouri
- "$70 per month for Internet-based software, includes setup, support, and reporting. Nominal monthly charge for equipment, depending on type." - For 26-50, 5+ locations, payroll integration - Transportation Company, City Of Industry, California
Solutions for mid sized and larger companies
Slightly larger companies will find it hard to stay below $1,000 for a full-featured solution.
- "About $1,000. Bar code system with clock, software, additional cards & licensing." For 26-50 employees in two locations, with payroll integration - Publishing/info services, Tucson, Arizona
- "$1,599 for hand reader with software and $399 for one year service contract for tech support and free upgrades." - For 26-50 employees, with payroll integration - Insurance company, Groesbeck, Texas
- "Complete automated PC system for 150 employees for $1,800." - Hospitality, Stockton, California
The largest companies can expect to pay quite a bit more for a system that can handle their needs. Here's an example from one of our buyers.
- "Over $10,000 and hardware is included." - For 500-1000 employees in 5+ locations, integrated with accounting software - Manufacturer, Portsmouth, Virginia
Want more information on choosing a Time & Attendance System? Read our Time & Attendance Systems Buyer's Guide, or contact time & attendance system providers today.
Information was provided by BuyerZone users. Quotes have been edited for clarity only.Ready to Compare Time and Attendance Systems Price Quotes?